- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 - 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 - 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz. cool whip
- ½ bag Heath Bits
- jar of caramel sauce
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, spice and pumpkin puree until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 baking dish, and bake at 350º, according to the directions on the cake mix box (approx 23-28 mins).
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes after baking.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake. This should fill in the holes and soak into the cake.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from refrigerator and spread cool whip over top of cake. Sprinkle on the heath bits, and drizzle caramel over top. (I didn't think the cake needed a lot of caramel at this point so I only used about ¼ of the jar. I thinned it out first by heating it in the microwave.)
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or overnight (best).
Recipe from: http://www.cleverhousewife.com