Anyone ever made Apple Brandy Wine? I'm excited to try this recipe!!
Apple Brandy Wine
43 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + standing
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 pounds apples, sliced
- 1 liter brandy
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Additional whole cloves and cinnamon sticks
- Combine sugar and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Place apples in a large glass or plastic container; add the sugar
- mixture, brandy, cloves and cinnamon stick. Cover and let stand at
- room temperature for at least two weeks, stirring once a week.
- Strain brandy mixture; discard apples and spices. Pour into glass
- bottles. Place an additional three cloves and one cinnamon stick in
- each bottle. Yield: 2 quarts.