I think KFC has the best biscuits.. here's their recipe to add to a family breakfast or brunch.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Sift together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder into mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the flour mix and add the milk.
- Add shortening and begin kneading with hands (to cut in) the vegetable shortening and flour in the milk until thoroughly mixed.
- Add milk, if needed to form, and mix.
- Turn onto floured board, and knead gently 6 to 8 times.
- Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut into biscuits.
- Place on baking sheet and brown in oven 10-13 minutes.
- Makes about 9 biscuits.