INGREDIENTS:3 medium ripe bananas
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
1. Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl until lumps disappear. Add eggs, one at a time. Mix well. Add honey and mix until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
**Hint – I place the oatmeal in my food processor and pulse it to make it more like a powder consistency before I add it to the mixture. This produces a muffin that is less like an oatmeal muffin, and more like a moist banana muffin.
3. On low speed, add dry mixture a little at a time to the banana mixture. Once incorporated, add vanilla and mix just until combined.
**Hint – When using wheat flour, it is important to not over-mix your batter. Over mixing results in dense, thick dough.
4. Place in a lined muffin tin – fill each muffin cup 2/3rd’s full.
5. Bake at 325 degrees F for approximately 20-25 minutes.
6. Cool for a few minutes, then remove to finish cooling on a cooling/baker’s rack.
Thank you oldworldgardenfarms.com for this yummy recipe!