These low carb mozzarella sticks are breaded with parmesan cheese instead of breadcrumbs!
- 8 string cheeses, cut in half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (the powdered kind)
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Mix Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and minced garlic in a medium bowl.
- Dip each string cheese into the egg mixture and then into the cheese mixture.
- Dip the string cheese in the egg mixture and roll it in the cheese crumbs again.
- Press the cheese crumbs into the cheese using your fingers.
- Place the coated string cheese into the freezer for one hour.
- Pour about half a cup of oil into a frying pan, and let it get HOT.
- Place 4-5 string cheese halves into the pan.
- Cook until golden brown on all sides.
- If the crumb mixture falls off the string cheese, wait until the oil is hotter.
Recipe by Glue Sticks and Gumdrops at http://gluesticksgumdrops.com/low-carb-mozzarella-sticks/
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 16 mozzarella sticks