Grandma's Famous Snicker Bars are soooo amazing...
Ingredients*NOTE: Put the pan in the fridge while making the next layer. It helps to spread the next layer more easily. BUT don’t let the pan of candy sit out for long periods of time before returning it to the fridge…it will make it sweat and turn your chocolate to a powdery spotted finish.
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided use
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, divided use
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, divided use
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1-14 oz package caramel squares
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- First Layer: Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips, 1/4 cup peanut butter, and 1/4 cup butterscotch chips in a saucepan over low heat. Spread mixture in 9×13″ pan.
- Second Layer: Boil sugar, milk and butter in a saucepan for 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup peanut butter, marshmallow creme and vanilla. Mix in salted peanuts. Spread over 1st layer.
- Third Layer: Melt caramels and evaporated milk together. Spread over second layer.
- Fourth Layer: Melt 1 cup chocolate chips, 1/4 cup of peanut butter, and 1/4 cup of butterscotch chips in saucepan and spread over third layer.
- Chill for 40 minutes then cut into squares (don’t let it get too hard, because it will crack when you try to cut squares)