- Cook time: 25-30 min
- Yield: Serves 4 8 oz. wide mouth mason jars or 8 4 oz. mason jars
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 granny smith apples, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoons tapioca
- 1 teaspoon self rising flour
For the Topping
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup self rising flour
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, cold
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large sauté pan melt butter, water. Add the sliced apples and cook until apples are tender and release juices. Meanwhile, in separate bowl mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, tapioca and self rising flour. Place this mixture over apples & toss in pan. Cook apples until they begin to soften.
3. Place all topping ingredients into a bowl. Using your fingers mix until well incorporated and mixture resembles crumbs.
4. Place apple mixture into mason jars. Place topping on apples & cook in a water bath at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.