- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cans (one 15 ounces, one 8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) uncooked spaghetti
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, mushrooms, garlic powder and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream and chives; beat well. Place half of spaghetti in a greased 4-qt. baking dish. Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over top. Layer with remaining spaghetti and all of the beef mixture.