Vanilla Chai Tea RecipeThis warm chai is comfort in a cup. It’s extra special with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and a sprinkling of ground allspice on top.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 whole peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 4 whole cloves
- 8 individual tea bags
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon watkins vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Ground allspice
- Place the first five ingredients in a large bowl; with the end of a wooden spoon handle, crush spices until aroma is released. Add the tea bags, honey and boiling water. Cover and steep for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat milk. Strain tea into a heatproof pitcher; stir in milk and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form. Serve individual servings of tea with whipped cream; garnish with ground allspice. Yield: 6 serving
the ease of instant cocoa! Have it all with this delicious beverage that’s perfect for a quiet evening by the fire. This is true effortless entertaining with style.
(7.5 oz) - $6.99